O Black Sun

Oh, so lay down in this morning hour,
Darkness darkest there must soon be dawn. 
O Soleil Noir, dors maintenant.
Let the Sun of day rise upon this room,
These trees, grace these walls not
With ever-present greyscale winter,
Waiting to fade loveless as love leaves
Us. Fade from my eyes Black Sun, fade. 
Leave me to fall in winter, old, broken, in tears. 
Leave me to why. Let ley lines upon my mind
Be just imagination, meanings this mortal 
Machine made, cover them in mud and moss 
But not this frost, be just driftwood
And I a fool on a beach, leave Leslie
To my memory eye, become driftwood forgetting.
In driftwood forgetting again, I go back
Into quiet, a lesser life lived if living
Is clarity and solitude. In my art I captured 
That day, the day Sun burned my mind, 
I lacquered flowers and grass that breathed
Their last in the fading hours fresh
In my impressions of love and confusion. 
I see them here, black squares of tone 
And time captured, slowly illuminated
By the morning. Their definition comes
To be as night fades unrequited.